G reenlawn Funeral Home began at 3506 North National Springfield, Missouri in August, of 1966. This endeavor was an outgrowth Greenlawn Memorial Gardens Cemetery in North Springfield in 1905 by Judge Ben J. Diemer. Subsequently, Greenlawn evolved into a five generation family- owned – and - operated organization .
At the time of time of its inception, Greenlawn’s president was Harry B. Diemer. Sucessively the positions were held by his son Jack B. Diemer, and grandson Jake H. Diemer. The fifth generation is represented by Jason J. Diemer son of Jake Diemer, Greenlawn’s current president.
Greenlawn Funeral Home grew steadily in volume after its beginning in 1965, near the entrance to Greenlawn Memorial Gardens. As Springfield’s population rapidly increased, it became apparent that additional facilities were necessary to maintain an effective operation to provide families with proper services.
In 1977 a second facility, Greenlawn Funeral Home South was opened near the intersection of Campbell and Battlefield in southwest Springfield. A third facility Greenlawn Funeral Home, was placed in operation on Highway 248 in Branson in 1987 to serve the residents of the rapidly growing Tri - Lakes area. In 1996 the Diemer family purchased Pitts Chapel, in Bolivar, Missouri from Earlene, Mike and Teresa Pitts. In 2006 a fifth facility, Greenlawn Funeral Home East, was opened on Seminole east of Highway 65.
Other features which Greenlawn has pioneered, besides its large cemetery, that currently has in excess of 28,000 burials, are a mausoleum opened in 1964 and southwest Missouri’s first crematory started in 1975.
Production of concrete burial vaults in our facility is also provided, as well as a large monument shop and display, with professional engravers and artists on site.
Greenlawn is very appreciative of our many friends and supporters in Springfield and southwest Missouri. Our goal has always been, and shall continue to be, provide families with excellent service at fair prices.